City of Aurora Impound Vehicles - Frequently Asked Questions
City of Aurora Frequently Asked Questions:
Condition / Mileage of Impounded Vehicles:
- The City of Aurora does not know the working condition of the units in the auction
- The City of Aurora does not know the mileage of the vehicles in the auction
- Once the car is impounded the City of Aurora never attempts to start the vehicles
- No Refunds For Any Reason Will Be Provided
- There will be a 13% buyer's premium (reduced to 10% if paying in cash or cash equivalent) added to all winning bid prices, and the buyer’s premium is subject to all applicable sales tax
- The $50 deposit will not be collected by Roller Auctions, unless you fail to pay for a vehicle that you win in the auction.
- This deposit will reflect as a pending status on your bank account until your bank drops it off.
- Please note it may take up to a week for this deposit to be released by your bank.
Bidding on Multiple Vehicles in the Auction:
- By placing a bid on a vehicle, you are committing to purchase the vehicle if you are the successful bidder
- All vehicles you are the winning bidder on will need to be paid in full by the payment due date
Definition of Reason Vehicle Is Impounded:
- Misuse/No Plates - The vehicle had expired plates or the plates on the vehicle were illegally placed on the vehicle
- Hazard - The vehicle was towed to the impound lot due to impeding the flow of traffic or creating a safety issue.
- Police Evidence - The vehicle was part of a police investigation and the case has been closed.
- Motor Vehicle Theft - Recovery - The vehicle was stolen and had been recovered
- No Driver's License - When the vehicle was pulled over the driver could not provide a valid Driver's License
- Abandoned - The vehicle was legally or illegally parked that had not moved for a period of time and therefore considered abandoned.
- Arrest - When the vehicle was pulled over the driver was taken into custody
- Other - Failure to Locate Owner, Outside of Agency, etc.
Bill of Sale:
- A Bill of Sale and all necessary documentation will be provided at time of payment to take to your Colorado County Department of Vehicle to obtain a valid title
- Out-of-State requirements vary by State.
- Please contact your local county to inquire about their process
- There will be no Temp Tags issued
Vehicles Listed as Previous Salvage:
- Vehicles that have a previous salvage title will be noted in the 'Noted Issues' field for the lot.
- If you purchase a previous salvage vehicle you will be given additional documentation to take with you to the DMV when you register the vehicle.
- Based on the paper work provided at the DMV the vehicle may need repairs done to it to make it road worthy.
Will the Vehicles Have Keys:
- Not all vehicles will have keys, it is the buyer's responsibility to hire a locksmith to have keys made.
- If the lot has 'Keys' in the additional features box, please note there is no guarantee these keys will fit the vehicle. Please be prepared to have a locksmith if necessary.
Removal of Vehicles:
- All Vehicles must be towed/trailered off the impound lot.
- The Impound Lot will not provide assistance of any kind in the removal of the vehicles.
- Vehicles are not allowed to be worked on in the impound lot.
- Click here for a map of the removal as it is different from inspection.
Please contact Roller Auctions at 303-289-1600 with any additional questions.